from: "David Brown" <dabatXYZxyzc.ac.uk>
subject: Re: Tyndall Research Director
Excellent news. Please pass on my thanks to all those involved for
all the hard work, patience and cooperation in bringing this to an
>>> Mike Hulme <m.hulmeatXYZxyz.ac.uk> 09/07/02 09:25:14 >>>
Dear Council and Supervisory Board,
A short note about the latest situation regarding Tyndall Centre's
- UEA have issued a contract to Prof. Schellnhuber for an indefinite
professorial appointment with a start date of 1 October 2002. He
will be a
professor in the School of Environmental Sciences and the Tyndall
- John has verbally accepted this offer and both he and we are now
for a 1 October start date.
- John is planning to take up the UEA offer as a 'leave of absence'
PIK, for three years in the first instance.
- Written confirmation from John is awaiting the final details of his
arrangement with PIK's funders.
- In the meantime, UEA is proposing John for a Royal Society-Wolfson
Award which, if successful, would defray a non-trivial proportion
to 50%) of the cost of the appointment for the Tyndall Centre. If
unsuccessful, the bulk of the cost of the appointment will fall on
Tyndall Centre budget.