Friday, March 30, 2012

3001.txt

date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 11:50:01 -0500
from: "Raymond S. Bradley" <rbradleyatXYZxyz.umass.edu>
subject: Re: call me?
to: Keith Briffa <k.briffaatXYZxyz.ac.uk>

<x-flowed>
color is OK. I'm at home now--4.45pm your time.
I'm not sure we need maps of the NAO today--except maybe 2 to show wi. ppt
and temp anomalies....but paleo-recnstructions would be useful. I think
there is a D'Ariigo/mann paper in press somewhere (Paleoceanography?).
The Greenland borehole data has been requested from Dorthe--but no response
yet. I guess we can digitize it if necessary...from her Sceince paper ('96?).
Would be nice to hear if she has other grnlnd borehole data too...
Did I understand correctly that Tim is going to undertake the "trend"
analysis that we spoke about?
If Barber's data is holding things up, forget about it...time is short...

ray


At 03:54 PM 12/19/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Ray
>tried calling . I'm bogged down in Barber's Bog records trying to make
>sense of his interpretations of
>PC scores. I want to ask are we are allowed colour Figures. The Composite
>of The Mann/Briffa records
>with errors and projections really need this. Also I have listed , that we
>want some NAO maps. I think if
>we do , we should do 4: Temp. and Precip. and winter and summer - to
>stress the areas of influence and
>seasonality . We can do but again colour makes life easier by far with
>this. If we do put this in , do we then need much text on NAO per se? I
>didn't think you wanted much(anything?) on NAO reconstructions.
>I am in contact with Hammer/Clausen who have said they will send the North
>Grip data . I want to include
>North and Summit Grip Oxygen and GISP . I might use these instead of
>the Fisher Stacked record .
>I have a Temperature record from 1200 AD (actually earlier but I don't
>trust the homogeneity ) from Van Englen - for Holland. I will put it next
>to the CET record. I also have a new version of Keigwin's data for
>Bermudal rise. Do you have the
>bore hole temperature record for Greenland? Does this go with my Figure?
>Keith
>At 12:10 PM 12/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>Give me a call so we can discuss the synthesis chapter--I'm mostly
>>working at home--413-253-7058
>>ray
>>
>>Raymond S. Bradley
>>Professor and Head of Department
>>Department of Geosciences
>>University of Massachusetts
>>Amherst, MA 01003-5820
>>
>>Tel: 413-545-2120
>>Fax: 413-545-1200
>>Climate System Research Center: 413-545-0659
>>Climate System Research Center Web Page:
>><http://www.geo.umass.edu/climate/climate.html>
>>Paleoclimatology Book Web Site (1999):
>>http://www.geo.umass.edu/climate/paleo/html
>>
>--
>Dr. Keith Briffa, Climatic Research Unit, University of East Anglia,
>Norwich, NR4 7TJ, United Kingdom
>Phone: +44-1603-593909 Fax: +44-1603-507784

Raymond S. Bradley
Professor and Head of Department
Department of Geosciences
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003-5820

Tel: 413-545-2120
Fax: 413-545-1200
Climate System Research Center: 413-545-0659
Climate System Research Center Web Page:
<http://www.geo.umass.edu/climate/climate.html>
Paleoclimatology Book Web Site (1999):
http://www.geo.umass.edu/climate/paleo/html

</x-flowed>

No comments:

Post a Comment