Saturday, April 28, 2012

3590.txt

cc: Peter Lemke <plemkeatXYZxyz-bremerhaven.de>, k.briffa@uea.ac.uk, olgasolomina <olgasolominaatXYZxyzdex.ru>
date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:20:09 +0100 (MET)
from: Georg Kaser <Georg.KaseratXYZxyzk.ac.at>
subject: IPCC AR4
to: Hans Oerlemans <j.oerlemansatXYZxyzs.uu.nl>

<x-flowed>
Dear Hans,

at the IPCC Lead Author meeting taking presently place in Christchurch,
NZ, it was suggested that I ask you to provide us with curves such
as in your Science paper but showing the glacier retraet only instead of
the reconstructed temperature. The retreat curves would fit into the
Chapter 4.5 on "Observations: Changes in Glaciers and ice Caps". It was
agreed that the temperature curve such as published will be handled by the
Palaeoclimate team in Chapter 6. I would be glad if you could also send me
the numbers in order to allow me to adapt the figure layout to the general
Chapter design. If it makes it easier for you, you can also provide me
with the numbers only and I can compile the respective graph.

I hope this does not cause to much work for you and I look forward to keep
in touch. I will be visiting some of the NZ glaciers together with Peter
Lemke next week and will be back in Karthaus for Christmas.

Best wishes and looking forward to see you in Obergurgl,
Georg

Georg Kaser
-------------------------------------------------
Institut fuer Geographie
Innrain 52
A-6020 INNSBRUCK
AUSTRIA
Tel: ++43 512 507 5407
Fax: ++43 512 507 2895
http://meteo9.uibk.ac.at/IceClim/CRYO/cryo_a.html
</x-flowed>

No comments:

Post a Comment