Saturday, April 28, 2012

3606.txt

cc: "Paul Wilkinson" <Paul.WilkinsonatXYZxyztm.ac.uk>
date: Fri Jan 24 20:07:33 2003
from: Mike Hulme <m.hulmeatXYZxyz.ac.uk>
subject: Re: climate change and health; status report from Tyndall
to: "Sari Kovats" <Sari.KovatsatXYZxyztm.ac.uk>

Thanks Sari. Here is amended version, with a few other alterations as suggested by people.
Please share it with others at LSHTM if appropriate - I only copied it to you and Paul.
Mike
At 17:41 24/01/03 +0000, Sari Kovats wrote:

Hi Mike
This is very interesting - I have one comment - perhaps you could put more on the
success of the scientific collaboration between Tyndall and LSHTM - e.g.several inputs
to CCASHH . - and make clear that the joint programme is not going well because the
funders do not support interdiscplinary research - to avoid any misinterpretation.
I think two proposals are going into the MRC on jan 30th -
1) Armstrong et al. Statistical methods for estimating the effect of weather on health
from time series data.
2) Wilkinson et al. DECISION-ANALYSIS FRAMEWORK FOR ADAPTING TO FUTURE BURDENS OF
THERMAL EXTREMES IN LOW- & MIDDLE-INCOME COUNTRIES.
best wishes
Sari
*******************
Sari Kovats
Centre on Global Change and Health
Dept of Epidemiology and Population Health
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Keppel St, London WC1E 7HT
tel: +44 20 7927 2962
fax: +44 20 7580 6897
sari.kovatsatXYZxyztm.ac.uk
>>> Mike Hulme <m.hulmeatXYZxyz.ac.uk> 01/24/03 09:40am >>>
Dear All,
Please read the attached 2-pager.
This was prepared in response to a question from DEFRA about climate change
and health research and Tyndall Centre.
I hope I have mentioned the main items, but please correct me/inform me of
any oversights. What I haven't included is a section on up-coming
proposals arising out of the MRC-NERC Co-op. Perhaps I could add a section
about this if I get the raw material.
Many thanks,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment